Monday, January 7, 2013

Week 13

Hello everyone. It sounds like everything is going so good back at home. It sounds like Dallin's gym is going to be awesome. Congrats Dall! Thanks for the WODs Dall. All the sisters tried one of them one morning and we were laying dead on the gym floor. You would have been laughing at us (or probably yelling at us to keep going). So this week Dad gets the golden star. He answered all the questions I asked him to answer so thanks Pops. I don't have a lot of time this week to write because we decided to take a nap earlier today.

This week we tracted 8 hours. The record for Kirtland Visitor Center sisters is 10 hours. We will probably get that this week because no one will meet with us or they end up not being there when we go for an appointment. Tracting is seriously so funny. We have been knocking on the doors really hard and fast so that people will come to the door quite and think it is something "urgent." Duh we do have an urgent message to share with them. The funniest thing happened. A lady opened the door and we asked her how she was doing and she said good. Then we started our  little schpeel and she started closing her door saying "what? I can't hear you." I laughed for a good 10 mins. I was freezing this week!!!!!!! I was so cold that my face started to freeze and I couldn't talk once we knocked on the door. Nothing seems to help. I wore 3 pairs of socks this week and toe warmers and hand warmers in my gloves and 3 sweaters but it is so cold here. (p.s. thanks for the box dad.)

We are still meeting with Thomas. This week he told us that he had a dream. In that dream he saw a man hiding a gold book in the side of the mountain. Next to the man he saw 3 indians. We hadn't given Thomas a Book of Mormon so there is no way he could have known about Moroni or the 3 Nephites. We literally sat there with our mouths wide open. It was crazy. God answered his prayer and because of that dream Thomas knows that 100% he needs to join this church. How cool is that? Keep praying for him. He keeps making comments that makes us think he's on probation. You can't get baptized if you're on probation so please please pray that he isn't. I will cry if he is. 

We decided to stop by Tommy's house one last time. He has been ignoring us all week.We decided we were going to stop by and have a DTR with him. Basically it was going to be a "take it or leave it" conversation. He's been meeting with missionaries for a year now. It's so funny- he knows the routine that we can't be in his house alone with him so whenever we show up he grabs his coat and comes out to the porch. He told us that he feels great when he is with us and then after we leave he feels like Satan is strangling him. He said that he feels so alone. I felt so bad for him that I started crying on his front porch. It was really weird. I am not a crier. He could tell how badly I wanted him to have the peace that the church can offer. A little light went off in him and he started to see that he needs to get his butt in gear. He ended up coming to church on Sunday and it was a really good experience for him. We are meeting with him this week so hopefully It goes somewhere this week. We are going to commit him to baptism but have him pray to know what date he should go through with it. I really want him to get baptized.

We aren't teaching anyone else at the moment. Also the historic sites are DEAD!!!!!!!! No one comes for tours. The nativity exhibit is over. The Kirtland temple is closed so people assume we are closed as well. This is what every single person that is reading this needs to do. NO ACCEPTIONS!!!! Send me the name and phone number of someone who is less active or a nonmember. We spend all day calling those types of people. You will receive blessings if you give me referrals to call. I wont tell them that you gave me their name. It will be anonymous. Promise!

I love you all so much. This week pray for Thomas and Tommy!!!! Thanks for all of your letters this week. Enjoy the pictures. The one picture is of me at Lake Erie.

xoxo, Sister Frampton





No comments:

Post a Comment