Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas in Norwalk!


Hello everyone!! Thank you for all of the emails this week. I love getting emails. So fun! It was fun to see all the pictures from Mccall all the way in Norway! This week was really great. On Tuesday we went to Kirtland for the Christmas Mission Conference. Yay I was soo glad to be going to Kirtland again. We live about 2 hours away from Kirtland so we had to get up and leave at 7am. Yikes. We got to the temple 20 mins early and the whole mission was out in front socializing. It was a great sight to see. Everyone was so happy and excited. I loved being able to see all my friends and past missionaries that I had served with. Not to mention it was great to see all my Kirtland Sisters again and all of the Kirtland Senior Missionaries. We spent about 2 hours inside the Kirtland Temple. All of the Stake Presidents from the whole mission were there and they bore their testimonies to us. Also Elder Seldon (the area authority) spoke to us as well as Karl Anderson. It was so great. We sang lots of Christmas hymns and the Spirit of God. It was really powerful to have the whole entire mission inside of the Kirtland temple together. President Vellinga spoke to us. For those of you who know President Vellinga you know how awesome he is. He is so hilarious and powerful and spiritual. It was a great meeting. After we spent some time in the temple we went down to the stake center for lunch. The Kirtland stake was so great to feed all 250 missionaries. We pulled up to the stake center and Connee and Chuck were there! It was soo great to see them and get to talk with them. They are so great. They are really solid in the church. I am proud of them. I feel so blessed that all of my converts are so solid in the church. It makes me really sad to see converts get baptized and then leave the church. That just means that I need to be super in tune with the Spirit and make sure that they are fully converted before they are baptized. About a month ago the APs asked every misssionary to submit a picture of them with their companion and a picture of them at a baptism and then write a short miracle that we have seen on our missions. During lunch they had a slide show of all of the pictures and they showed it to us. It was so much fun. They complied all of the miracles into a book and gave that to us as a Christmas present. It was so cool!!! After lunch we went to the Visitors' Center to take a mini tour. They want everyone to bring more investigators to take a tour so they made sure that the missionaries knew what happened on tours. They also gave us some time to look at all the the nativities that were set up. After that we went back to the stake center and President Vellinga spoke to us. I just love him and his wife. It was really powerful to have the whole mission together.
 
Remember our investigator Chris? Well he confessed his love for me and pretty much said that he isn't interested in the church but forming a relationship with him. Shoooottt! We tried to salvage it by saying that he feels happy when he is with us because it is the Spirit and not love but he wasn't buying it. Hopefully one day he comes to know that this is the true church.
 
We have been working with a less active and a 12 year old girl that lives with here. It has been going really great. On Monday her dad came home and he said that he is really, really thankful that we have been meeting with his daughter, Honor. He said that he really wants her to make good choices and it is really great that she has role models like us. We asked him if he would want to meet with us and we sent up an appointment for a few days later. Wow it went so great. His name is Jason. He has a really strong faith in Christ. He has made some mistakes in his past and he recognizes that it is his job as a father to make sure that Honor doesn't make the same mistakes as him. We gave him a For The Strength of Youth and he loved that he had a guide to what he needs to be teaching Honor. They both accepted Baptism for Jan 11!!!!!
 
Saturday was our ward Christmas Party. It was a lot of fun and super easy. It was pot luck and tons of food showed up!!!!!! Jason and Honor came and they loved it. This super cute family talked with them the whole night and they set up a possiblity to do FHE at their house sometime. I love love members that are doing missionary with without us pestering them. Jason and Honor couldn't come to church yesterday because Jason had to work but they are planning on coming this Sunday. I am really proud of Jason for stepping it up as a father and recognizing that he can help his daughter turn out to be a great person.
 
I think that is everything that has been going on this week. Oh yeah.... Chris Mikucki got the Priesthood and has been blessing the Sacrament. He is also going to the temple in 5 days to do baptisms!!! I am seriously so proud of him. His whole family is against him joining the church and he has continued to do what he knows is right. YAY Chris!!!!!!!
 
Well I love being a missionary so much. Next week is transfers so we will see if I end up back in Kirtland again. I love you all and I am so grateful that I have so much support!!!!! Thank you for everything that you do for me.
 
PS It is fffrrreeeezzzzzziiinnnggg here in Norwalk. haha! Good think I have tons of warm clothes.
PPS This autistic girl sitting next to me just yelled at me for trying to help her with her computer. hahaha!!!! Good thing I can put up with that because of all my practice with Austin!!
 
Sister Frampton
 
PPPS Don't forget that my birthday is December 23 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment